So, this has been my issue for quite some time. Generic no frills DVR from Cablevision (soon to be Time Warner in Charlotte) or rock a TiVo.
I was so close to pulling the trigger on a TiVo HD Series 3, but now that the Premiere (Series 4) has been announced, with a March 27th release date; I think I will officially switch sides.
TiVo Premiere - $299 - 45 hrs of HD on 320GB internal drive
TiVo Premiere XL - $499 - 150 hrs on 1TB plus THX certification
Features:
Slimmer Hardware
Revamped HD Interface built on Flash
Netflix and Amazon Video on Demand - content will show up in searches
Partnerships with Pandora and FrameChannel
Capacity Meter
1080p output
Single Multistream CableCARD Slots
eSATA jacks for storage expansion
No support for tru2way, won't have access to video on demand service
Optional Bluetooth Slider QWERTY Remote - seen below
FYI FEE Info:
over 3 months - $50
over 3 years - $300
Lifetime (unit not subscriber) - $400
Thoughts...Opinions...Please discuss.
So basically, even if I get the janky model plus the lifetime subscription, I'm paying almost a grand just to tape stuff... and plus have another component box to find a place for on my already crowded tv stand???? I would rather go on va-k...come on son!
ReplyDeleteTivo lifetime subscription is not available to anyone unless you previously or currently have a tivo device with lifetime. In other words, lifetime is not available to new tivo customers. One other reason tivo sucks...it doesn't support Video On Demand directly from the cable/sat provider due to regulations with cable card.
ReplyDelete